If you’re planning on selling your home in the near future, there are a few things you can do to enhance its value and overall appeal to prospective buyers. From simple cosmetic updates to more significant renovations, there are a number of different ways to add value to your home. Keep reading for a list of nine ideas to get you started.
- Cosmetic Updates: Sometimes, all your home needs is a fresh coat of paint and some new hardware to make it feel like new again. If your budget is limited, start with small updates like these that can make a big impact.
- Kitchen Updates: The kitchen is often one of the main selling points for buyers, so it’s worth investing in some quality upgrades. Things like new countertops, appliances, and cabinets can go a long way in terms of boosting your home’s value.
- Bathroom Updates: Just like the kitchen, buyers often place a premium on well-updated bathrooms. If yours could use some work, consider making some key changes like new tile, vanities, and fixtures.
- Add an Elevator: This may not be an option for everyone, but if you have the space and the budget, adding an elevator can definitely add value to your home. Not only can residential & commercial elevators in Perth make life easier for those with mobility issues, but it will also be a major selling point for buyers with young children or elderly relatives.
- Adding energy-efficient features to your home is another great way to increase its value. Things like solar panels, energy-efficient windows, and energy-efficient appliances can all help to make your home more valuable. Not only will these features save money on utility bills, but they’ll also appeal to eco-conscious buyers.
- Finishing the Basement: If you have an unfinished basement, now is the time to finish it! Adding extra living space is always a plus for buyers, so this is a great way to add value to your home.
- Landscaping: First impressions matter, so take some time to spruce up your landscaping before potential buyers come knocking. A well-manicured lawn and some colourful flowers can go a long way in making your home more inviting.
- Curb Appeal: Speaking of first impressions, take a good look at your home from the street and make any necessary changes to boost curb appeal. Things like painting the front door or power washing the exterior can make all the difference.
- Cleanliness: This one may seem obvious, but it’s important to stress nonetheless – a clean house is a valuable house! Be sure to deep clean every nook and cranny before listing your home so that it shows its best self to buyers.
- De-Personalise: Finally, remember that when selling your home, less is definitely more when it comes to personal belongings. When potential buyers walk through your door, you want them to be able visualise themselves living there, and this is hard to do when every surface is covered in family photos or personal knick-knacks. Take some time to de-personalise your space before putting it on the market.
Try these tips today
These are just a few of the many ways that you can increase the value of your home before selling it. By making some simple upgrades and improvements, you can ensure that you get the best possible price for your property when it goes on the market!